Friday, July 29, 2011

David Archuleta Talks New Music And Getting Starstruck

Blog photo

Not everything we talked about with David Archuleta made it into the 17-31 July issue of Galaxie magazine. So as a bonus for you Archie fans, here's the rest of the interview session...

Will you continue to write uplifting music or will it be something different for the new material?
I think it can be motivating by being able to relate to people. And it be as real as it can. Be as true to me as it can. That�s just another thing that I�m looking forward to. Being able to have the music not just with the words I�m saying but the way it sounds. Music says so much. Classical music doesn�t have any words but it still says so much. I�m hoping to be able to really take time to define my sound, my music.

What�s the inspiration behind your new music?
The inspiration, I guess the best way to describe it is what�s on my mind. What�s going on in my head, it�s hard for me to explain sometimes and I feel like for the first time, I am kinda able to bring it out. I guess that�s the way I would describe the direction I�m going in right now.

You�ll be 21 this year. Any big plans?
No, not really [laughs]. I always like to go out and eat and spend time with my family and friends. Nothing too crazy. I like to keep it pretty low-key.

With so much going on right now, do you still have plans to go back to school?
Yeah, I don�t think that there�s ever a time when it is too late to go back to school. I would love to take music classes. I love the heart of music and the emotion but I never really got to understand the musical theory and the more technical side of music. That�s something I�d love to learn more about. Performing and putting out music is my No. 1 priority right now so that�s what I�m focusing most on. I�m a very spontaneous person unfortunately. A lot of times that can be a bad thing but I try to be sensitive to whatever I feel and whatever changes in what I feel I should do. And keeping in tune with whatever your instincts kind of say.

Have there been any celebs that have left you starstruck?
I was starstruck by Ringo Starr. I was so starstruck that I couldn�t even go up to him. I was pretty starstruck with Bono too.

Source: http://galaxieblog.com.my/blog/permalink.asp?id=4653

Jennifer Love Hewitt Lindsay Lohan Torrie Wilson Hayden Panetierre

No comments:

Post a Comment